The SM48 unidirectional dynamic microphone is a great performance microphone. It maintains a true cardioid pattern throughout its frequency range, ensuring high gain before feedback and rejection of off-axis sound.
The tailored frequency response is ideal for lead vocals, backup vocals, and spoken word applications. A presence rise brightens mid-range performance, and a low frequency roll off controls proximity effect.
The SM48 includes a shock-mounted cartridge, a steel mesh grille, and an integral "pop" filter.
- Cardioid pickup pattern rejects off-axis sound and provides superior gain before feedback
- Frequency response tailored for vocals, with brightened mid-range and bass rolloff to control proximity effect
- Shock-mounted cartridge for exceptional ruggedness and reduced handling noise
- Built-in "pop" filter that reduces explosive breath sounds and wind noise
- Supplied stand adapter and carrying/storage bag
- Lockable On/Off switch (Model SM48S only)
- Legendary Shure quality and ruggedness
||55 to 14,000 Hz
||Cardioid (unidirectional)-rotationally symmetrical about microphone axis, uniform with frequency
||Open Circuit Voltage: * -57.5 dBV/Pa (1.3 mV), *1 Pa = 94 dB SPL