An unmistakable stage icon for 70 years, the Shure 55SH Series II Unidyne® Vocal Microphone features a signature satin chrome-plated die-cast casing for pure vintage look and feel with modern acoustic components to meet today's performance standards. This Shure microphone is excellent for vocal pickup with its characteristic Shure presence peak.
The Shure 55SH Series II microphone has a cardioid (unidirectional) polar pickup pattern that minimizes sound pickup from the rear of the microphone. This allows the Shure Model 55SH Series II to be used in close proximity to loudspeakers without creating feedback problems, and it can perform under adverse acoustic conditions where omnidirectional microphones cannot.
Shure 55SH Series II: Includes Swivel Stand Mount, On-Off Switch. Cable not included.
Shure 55SH Mic Features
- Classic appearance, modern performance
- Frequency response tailored for speech, vocals and instrumental music
- Cardioid directional pattern for optimum performance in adverse acoustic environments
- Shock-mounted cartridge minimizes stand-transmitted noise, ensures quiet operation
- Rugged die cast casing for reliability under rigorous conditions
- Self-tensioning swivel mount, permits tilting through 45 degrees forward and 80 degrees backward
Frequency Response 50 to 15,000 Hz
Polar Pattern Cardioid (unidirectional), uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
lmpedance Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (270 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 75 to 300 ohms