1. How can I reach you?
We’re open Mon-Fri 10am – 7:30pm and Sat 10am – 6pm. At any of those times you’ll find us in the store, ready to help. Can’t visit us in-person? Phone us at 301-946-8808 and one of our lovely receptionists will direct your call to the right department and sales team member. Too busy at work, but still want to talk gear? Simply shoot us an email and we’ll reply ASAP. Any other time of the day, please feel free to contact us via our website. Use our Ask an Expert forms, or check out our Legendary Sales Team Profiles and contact any member of our sales team directly.
2. How do I place an order with Washington Music Center?
Although we’d love you to visit our legendary retail location in Wheaton, MD (just outside of DC) to touch, hear, listen, and most importantly play “Everything in Music!” we understand that’s not always a convenient option. If you can stop by, we’re open Mon-Fri 10am – 7:30pm and Sat 10am – 6pm.
Prefer to shop online? You’ve come to the right place. The newly re-launched Chucklevins.com brings together the very best aspects of our in-store experience in one gorgeous website. That means great service, great prices and helpful insights from our team of experts. Want to ask a question about a specific product? Click on the Ask an Expert button to fill out a questionnaire and one of our super staffers will get back to you ASAP. If there’s a particular salesperson that you’d like to reach—when he was still with us, Chuck Levin was usually that guy!—simply click on the Our Experts tab and browse through our sales team page to contact them directly. We promise to quickly respond to any inquiry and assist you in any way possible, just as if you standing in front of us here at the store. Orders can be placed by adding items to your shopping cart and following the checkout instructions as prompted.
School and Government Bids and Quotes – Please click on the Institutions/ Group tab above for instructions.
We also welcome you to give us a call at the store at 301-946-8808 or email us at Sales@chucklevins.com to ask a question, get a price, or place an order. We’ll direct your inquiry to the appropriate department to ensure you receive the most accurate expert advice available. We accept all major credit cards and debit cards, checks, wire transfers, and PayPal as payment methods for phone or mail orders. Please see Payment Methods below for more details.
3. What types of Payment Method do you accept??
To make the shopping experience easier for you, we accept several different methods of payment:
- Credit Cards: We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. All online, email, or phone orders must be shipped to the billing address or work address of the cardholder, unless special arrangements have been made with your credit card company. All credit card orders must have:
If you have any questions, please feel free to give us a call and we’d be happy to discuss your situation with you.
- PayPal: We now accept PayPal as a method of payment. In order to have your order processed, please indicate “PayPal” on your order or when speaking to your salesman. PayPal is ONLY accepted for orders being shipped directly to the Verified Address on your PayPal account. No exceptions.
- Cash: Of course, we always accept cash for any in-store purchase.
- Prepayment by mail: If you wish, you may prepay for your order by mail with a cashier’s check or money order, made payable to Washington Music Center. Personal checks are ok too, but your order will be held until the check clears. All prepayments made by mail must be accompanied by your name, address, and home and work phone. Also include a brief description of the products you wish to order, the salesman you are working with, and send your payment to the attention of your salesman.
- Wire Transfers: Another way that you can prepay for your order is by transferring money directly to us. We have a special account set up for electronic wire transfers from your bank. Your salesman can provide you with all of the necessary information you will need for wire transfers.
If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to give us a call at 301-946-8808 during our normal business hours and we’d be happy to clear anything up for you.
5. What is your Return Policy?
We offer full refunds for unopened and unused products, in their original packaging, in good condition returned to the store in person or via a return shipment seven days after the purchase date. A copy of your original receipt is required with the product in ALL cases. Within 14 days, we will issue store credit under the same conditions. All other return inquiries will be assessed at a minimum 15% restock fee, subject to inspection of the unit to be returned and at the discretion of management. Shipping charges will not be refunded for items shipped to you, or for rush delivery to the store. Returns are NOT accepted on the following items due to health and/or licensing regulations: harmonicas, mouthpieces, microphones, software, books, CDs, DVDs, strings, reeds, headphones, in-ear monitors, bulbs, tubes, raw speakers, layaway deposits, special order items.
Here’s what we’d like you to remember: Chuck Levin’s Washington Music Center is a family-run business in practice and in spirit. That means we understand the need for flexibility in specific situations. There’s always a Levin at or near the store to address your concerns, answer questions or discuss any matters of importance to you. Call us any time at 301-946-8808.
6. Why is it so dang hard to get a hold of you guys sometimes??
We know it can be a pain to wait for us on the phone or anxiously await the *ping* of one of our email responses, but rest assured we’re here to help make your shopping experience a great one. Here at Chuck’s, we prefer a personal touch. We don’t have automated response systems or 24/7 call centers. The same folks who helped you in the store are the same ones speaking to you on the phone, running our website, fulfilling your orders and answering your emails. We give each customer—be it Stevie Wonder or little Stevie down the street—the attention and consideration he or she deserves to ensure that everyone leaves Chuck’s with the right gear, the first time around.